The cardiology service treats conditions relating to the heart and the circulation.
The cardiology service provides a comprehensive referral service for all suspected cardiovascular problems. We are one of only a small number of centres in the UK able to offer interventional cardiology procedures such as pacemaker placement and balloon valve dilatation. Our extensive facilities including colour flow Doppler ultrasound, Holter monitoring, high dependency 24/7 nursing and an interventional cardiology suite, allow us to provide one of the most advanced cardiology referral services in the UK.
The service accepts referrals in all aspects of cardiology including
- Assessment and treatment of congenital heart disease, acquired valvular heart disease and cardiomyopathies
- Assessment of asymptomatic heart murmurs
- Interventional cardiac surgery including PDA occlusion, pacemaker placement and balloon dilatation of valvular stenosis
- Treatment of pericardial disease
- Investigation of exercise intolerant and collapsing patients
- Surgical management of PDA, pericardial disease and certain cardiac tumours
- Assessment and treatment of arrhythmias including 24 hour Holter ECG monitoring
- Treatment of congestive heart failure including emergency management of acute failure
- Management of cardiac failure refractory to routine medications
- Treatment of feline aortic thromboembolism
- Examination for breed club heart testing schemes
- Thoracic radiograph and ECG reporting service