Doing our part to keep pets, clients and our staff healthy during COVID-19 (coronavirus)
4 June 2020
As the COVID-19 situation evolves, we are continually reviewing the resources we have available and the provision of services which are of most need to our clients and their pets.
Please call us to find out more about any of these services and how to access them. At this time, we would ask that you please bear with us as it may take us a little longer to answer the phone or deal with your request. We will do all we can to support you and your clients.
We have made this decision as the health and wellbeing of our patients, clients and staff is our number-one priority.
Thank you for your understanding during this time.
Guidance for visiting North Downs Specialist Referrals:
For clients visiting our practice the following precautions are in place to protect everyone who visits and works here:
- If clients have been exposed to COVID-19, had close contact with someone who has, or are experiencing symptoms (new persistent cough and/or fever), and have pets that need veterinary care, please call us. We will be able to advise them on how their pets can receive the care they need.
- If clients have been self-isolated with COVID-19 and have recently visited one of our practices, please let us know as soon as possible. This is so we can implement measures to protect our staff and other clients.
- On arrival we are asking clients to wait outside and call our reception team. Our clinicians may conduct some of the verbal part of the consultation by telephone.
- If you need to enter the hospital, you should do so alone, you must wear a suitable face covering and you must observe social distancing.
- Where clients do not need to enter the practice we are asking them to remain in their car or outside to protect the health and wellbeing of our staff. We will call them during the consultation to discuss any appropriate treatment options.
- When possible, we are scheduling appointments in advance to not only reduce waiting times but also to enable us to better prepare for the patients’ health needs prior to their arrival.
- If a pet is hospitalised at our facility, we are asking clients not to visit their pet at this time.
Please be assured that we will continue to do everything we can to provide you, your clients and their animals with the highest standards of care. There may be many circumstances where an email or a telephone call might enable us to provide you with the advice or support that you require to manage your cases more effectively.
Further news and updates will be posted here and social media channels.
Like many organisations we are making these changes for the wellbeing of our staff and clients. It also allows us to reduce our use of Personal Protective Equipment at this critical time for national supply into the human healthcare sector.
Please contact us if you’d like further advice about caring for your pet over the coming months.
Revised Reception Opening Hours
Due to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic situation, please note that we have changed our reception opening hours in order to protect our clients and staff. Our revised hours will be 8.30am – 5.00pm.
Rest assured, it is our priority to provide our services to you safely and minimise any risk to colleagues and clients alike.
Thank you for your continued support.