The internal medicine service treats all medical conditions relating to the internal organs.
Due to the complex nature of many internal medicine cases, the service liaises closely with Specialists in all other disciplines available at North Downs Specialist Referrals. Our state-of-the-art diagnostic facilities including on site CT and MRI scanning, ultrasound, digital radiography, full range of rigid and flexible endoscopes, extensive in-house laboratory and our intensive 24/7 nursing, mean we are able to provide one of the most advanced internal medicine referral services in the UK.
The service accepts referrals in all aspects of internal medicine including
- Respiratory medicine including investigation of nasal discharge, cough, dysponea and exercise intolerance
- Gastroenterology including investigation of chronic vomiting and diarrhoea
- Hepatic disorders including hepatitis and portosystemic shunts
- Renal disorders
- Urinary tract disease
- Infectious diseases
- Haemolymphatic diseases including anaemia and thrombocytopenia
- Immune mediated diseases
- Feline medicine
- Pyrexia of unknown origin
Case Advice or Arranging a Referral
If you are a veterinary professional and would like to discuss a case with one of our team, or require pre-referral advice about a patient, please call 01883 741449. Alternatively, to refer a case, please use the online referral formOnline referral form