Outpatient Imaging Service
North Downs Outpatient Imaging Service provides referring vets access to advanced diagnostic imaging to aid their investigations when a full case referral is not required.
This service allows referring vets access to state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging modalities to help complement your current investigations. The client and patient remain under the control of your practice and you decide on further diagnostics and treatment.
The imaging studies are obtained and reviewed at the time by Specialists in diagnostic imaging ensuring optimal studies. We can offer outpatient ultrasound, CT and MRI. Our diagnostic imaging team are happy to discuss the suitability of procedures before referral where you are unsure how to proceed.
- Patients will be admitted and discharged by one our interns
- Patients must have been examined by the referring vet within the last 2 weeks of the referral and we will ask you to certify the patient is in your opinion fit to undergo sedation or anaesthesia if required
- Full bloods should have been taken within the last 2 weeks if the patient requires anaesthesia or sedation
- Outpatient imaging is carried out as per the instructions on the request form. We accept no responsibility for the appropriateness of the procedure or area under investigation, concurrent diseases or ongoing treatment
- We will not perform invasive procedures such as biopsies and aspirates on an outpatient basis
- All communications will be directly with the referring veterinary surgeon. We will not report or discuss results directly with owners
- If there are unexpected findings we will endeavour to contact you immediately to discuss them
- We will send a full report within 24 hours of the procedures
- For CT and MRI we will include a copy of the study on CD