Soft Tissue Surgery
The soft tissue surgery service treats all surgical conditions not related to bones, joints or the nervous system.
The soft tissue surgery service offers a comprehensive referral service for all surgical conditions. We have vast experience and are able to accept referrals in all aspects of soft tissue surgery, from routine cases such as ear surgery, to complex thoracic and reconstructive surgery.
As well as directly offering referrals, the soft tissue team plays a pivotal role in the management of many cases referred to the medicine and oncology services. With our extensive facilities, Specialists in anaesthesia and 24/7 nursing care, we are able to provide the essential critical care often required for complex soft tissue referrals.
The service accepts referrals in all aspects of surgery including
- ENT surgery including BOAS, laryngeal paralysis, ear surgeries, tracheal collapse
- Thoracic surgery including thoracic tumours, pericardectomy, chylothorax
- Liver surgery including portosystemic shunts, hepatic lobectomy
- Urogential surgery including prostatic surgery, incontinence surgery, nephrectomy, ectopic ureter surgery
- Gastrointestinal surgery
- Endocrine including adrenalectomy and thyroidectomy
- Reconstructive surgery including axial pattern flaps and free skin grafts
- Oncological surgery including mandiblectomy, maxillectomy, mast cell tumour and sarcoma removal
- Minimally invasive surgery ‘keyhole’ procedures can be offered where appropriate
- Interventional radiology procedures including tracheal stenting, urethral stenting and ureteral bypass
Where appropriate, minimally invasive surgery ‘keyhole’ procedures can be offered.