Purchasing and Dispensary Assistant
North Downs Specialist Referrals is one of the leading multi-disciplinary specialist referral practices in the UK.
We have a vacancy for a Purchasing and Dispensary Assistant, to assist the Purchasing Nurse in the purchasing of clinical drugs and consumables for the business and ensure that sufficient stocks are kept to allow for the smooth running of the hospital. Ensure all medicines are correctly stored and disposed of in line with legislation and best practice.
Tasks will include:
- Ordering of items related to clinical work (drugs, consumables) in line with group purchasing policies, ensuring value for money and that sufficient stocks are provided to meet the needs of the business
- Managing delivery or orders ensure delivery notes checked against purchase note and items have arrived in good condition. Manage any delivery related issues Ensure all items needing refrigeration are placed in the correct fridge. cupboard and chemotherapy are stored as per SOP immediately
- Assist with annual stock take
- Ensure all stock is rotated as necessary and out of date stock is disposed of as per guidelines
- Applicants should demonstrate attention to detail and a methodical approach to work.
- A background in the veterinary or pharmacy profession would be an advantage, but all training is provided
Hours of work:
8am – 5pm - 40 hour week
We offer an exciting and rewarding work environment, together with a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
To apply please download the following document
To apply in writing
Apply in writing including a completed application form (downloadable from above), covering letter of intent and current curriculum vitae to Josey Killner at North Downs Specialist Referrals, The Friesian Buildings 3 & 4, The Brewerstreet Dairy Business Park, Brewer Street, Bletchingley, Surrey, RH1 4QP or to [email protected] or call Josey on 01883 741440 for further information.
To apply online
Please complete the following details and upload a covering letter of intent, application form and a curriculum vitae.
* Denotes a required field