Our ‘Green Group’ Environmental Policy for Sustainability.
North Downs Specialist Referrals recognise that all businesses impact on the environment in a variety of ways. As such, in relation to our services and operations, we are committed to the continual improvement of our environmental performance.
We are delighted to have achieved Investors In the Environment (iiE) Green accreditation for our commitment to reducing our impact on the environment.
We have identified the following key environmental aspects associated with the provision of veterinary care and our carbon footprint:
- Consumption of electricity, gas, water and other fuels
- Use of anaesthetic gases
- Water generation
- Transport emissions
- Use of raw materials, including prescribed drugs and medicines
- Procured goods and services with their own environmental impact
We are dedicated to working with our clients, referring practices, suppliers, investors, contractors, regulatory bodies, Associates and neighbours. Our environmental commitment can be demonstrated in our established objectives and goals below:
- Compliance with all appropriate environmental regulations and client expectations
- Monitor our key resource usage and implement conservation techniques
- Implement a waste/recycling policy and sustainable procurement policy
- Minimise unsustainable transport use
- Take part in a health sustainability project with our team
- Work with suppliers to ensure they acknowledge and decrease the environmental impact of their products and transportation
- Publish and distribute an annual sustainability report
The introduction and implementation of the Environmental Policy is a commitment of NDSR management and a shared responsibility with our Associates. Nicola Kulendra has designated responsibility for the day-to-day implementation of this policy.
As part of the organisation’s overall environment management plan this policy will be reviewed annually.
Signed: Terry Emmerson
Position: Clinical Director
Contact details for sustainability enquiries:
Ellie West, Clinical Veterinary Anaesthetist