The Pain Management Clinic is provided by the anaesthesia service and aims to deliver an individualised and multi-modal approach to the management of pain in dogs and cats.
A Pain Management Clinic consultation may be indicated for a wide range of disorders such as:
- Chronic pain conditions such as osteoarthritis, neck, back and facial pain
- Neuropathic (nerve-related) pain
- Cancer pain
- Management of pain and mobility in older patients
- Recovery from orthopaedic surgery and neurological injury
- Pain of unknown origin
- When standard pain medications are not sufficient, not tolerated or contra-indicated
The initial consultation includes a discussion of the pet’s history, environment, medication, diet, activity and exercise regime. It provides an in-depth assessment of the patient and their pain as well as the owners’ expectations. Following assessment, a management plan is developed which may include changes to the medications, acupuncture and environmental lifestyle changes and referral to other Specialists such as orthopaedics, neurology and physiotherapists.
Meet Roger and Aurora - our pain experts
Case Advice or Arranging a Referral
If you are a veterinary professional and would like to discuss a case with one of our team, or require pre-referral advice about a patient, please call 01883 741449. Alternatively, to refer a case, please use the online referral form