The dentistry service offers a comprehensive referral service in all aspects of dentistry and oral surgery.
We are one of a limited number of centres in the UK to offer a dentistry service run by a Specialist in dentistry. The service combines comprehensive dental facilities with additional onsite MRI and CT imaging.
As part of a multi-disciplinary specialist team patients benefit from the input of a number of other specialists including specialist in anaesthesia, surgery, diagnostic imaging, oncology and internal medicine.
The service is particularly experienced in treating geriatric patients with co-morbidities.
The dentistry service is happy to accept cases in all aspects of dentistry and oral surgery including
- Extraction therapy: however simple or complex
- Endodontics: root canal therapy for fractured teeth, crown shortening and vital pulp therapy for malocclusions
- Periodontal surgery: advanced techniques for tooth preservation including guided tissue regeneration
- Orthodontics: movement of teeth in malocclusion cases using inclined planes or elastics.
- Prosthodontics: including crown therapy
- Restoratives: composite restorations and sealants for enamel defects
- Oral surgery: jaw fracture repair, cleft palate surgery, oronasal fistula surgery
- Oncology: oral masses and surgery including maxillectomy, mandibulectomy- these cases will benefit from a full multi-disciplinary approach, with Specialist oncologists and surgeons on-site.
- Oral medicine: inflammatory diseases such as chronic ulcerative paradental stomatitis, masticatory myositis
- Feline dentistry: chronic gingivostomatitis, feline orofacial pain, eosinophilic granuloma, root remnant retrieval
Case Advice or Arranging a Referral
If you are a veterinary professional and would like to discuss a case with one of our team, or require pre-referral advice about a patient, please call 01883 741449. Alternatively, to refer a case, please use the online referral form