At North Downs Specialist Referrals, the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff, visitors and clients remains our number one priority.
Throughout the pandemic, we have continued to deliver exceptional care to patients whilst doing our part to reduce the spread of Covid. In light of the recent government announcement and the gradual easing of lockdown restrictions over the coming months, we will continually review the measures we have in place at the hospital.
In addition to the steps we’re taking as a practice to protect everyone who works in and visits our hospital, for now we kindly ask that you take the following precautions.
Thank you for your understanding during this time.
Guidance for visiting North Downs Specialist Referrals:
For clients visiting our practice the following precautions are in place to protect everyone who visits and works here:
- If clients have been exposed to COVID-19, had close contact with someone who has, or are experiencing symptoms (new persistent cough and/or fever), and have pets that need veterinary care, please call us. We will be able to advise them on how their pets can receive the care they need.
- If clients have been self-isolated with COVID-19 and have recently visited one of our practices, please let us know as soon as possible. This is so we can implement measures to protect our staff and other clients.
- On arrival we are asking clients to wait outside and call our reception team. Our clinicians may conduct some of the verbal part of the consultation by telephone.
- If you need to enter the hospital, you should do so alone, where possible you should wear a suitable face covering and you must observe social distancing.
- Where clients do not need to enter the practice we are asking them to remain in their car or outside to protect the health and wellbeing of our staff. We will call them during the consultation to discuss any appropriate treatment options.
- When possible, we are scheduling appointments in advance to not only reduce waiting times but also to enable us to better prepare for the patients’ health needs prior to their arrival.
- If a pet is hospitalised at our facility, we are asking clients not to visit their pet at this time.
We are following the government’s most recent advice regarding the measures we need to take to help control the spread of COVID-19.
Please be assured that we will continue to do everything we can to provide you, your clients and their animals with the highest standards of care. There may be many circumstances where an email or a telephone call might enable us to provide you with the advice or support that you require to manage your cases more effectively.
Further news and updates will be posted here and social media channels.
Please contact us if you’d like further advice about caring for your pet over the coming months.
Revised Reception Opening Hours
Due to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic situation, please note that we have changed our reception opening hours in order to protect our clients and staff. Our revised hours will be 8.30am – 5.00pm.
Rest assured, it is our priority to provide our services to you safely and minimise any risk to colleagues and clients alike.
Thank you for your continued support.
Case Advice or Arranging a Referral
If you are a veterinary professional and would like to discuss a case with one of our team, or require pre-referral advice about a patient, please call 01883 741449. Alternatively, to refer a case, please use the online referral form