Our Video Consultation Service allows our Specialist team to assist clients while promoting social distancing and reducing unnecessary travel during the current COVID-19 situation.
Due to the continued need for social distancing there is a need help manage pets with more routine conditions where travel is either not possible or inappropriate. We continue to see emergency and urgent cases as normal but rather than postponing routine cases we are now able to offer a video consultation with a Specialist for most other patients.
The aims of a video consult are to
- Make contact with the client to discuss their concerns
- Where appropriate provide reassurance that the current delays are not detrimental to their pets condition
- Make an informed decision on urgency with which the case needs to be seen
- Discuss the condition and future diagnostics or treatment options when pet can physically be seen
- Where appropriate offer treatment trials
- Inform the client of any ‘red flags’ that suggest their pets condition is worsening and that they make contact for advice
- Book a reassessment call at an appropriate interval for the case
Cases will then be physically seen at the hospital in a timescale appropriate to their condition and in line with the public health advice at the time.
Routine cases can be referred in all the normal ways and we will them contact the owners and offer them a remote consultation.
A consultation fee will be charged in line with our standard consultation fees but there will be no additional consultation or examination fees when the client first attends NDSR for further treatment or tests.
Payment for the consultation will be taken prior to the consultation.
The video consultation will take place using the technology platform Microsoft Teams. You can either download the Microsoft Teams app prior to the consultation or have the video consultation via a standard internet browser. Please note that use of the app is subject to your agreement to Microsoft’s terms and conditions. This app is currently free of charge (as of 23.03.20) – however please consult your app provider for the costs at the time of download. You will be responsible for all costs charged by your network provider relating to the use of this service.
Case Advice or Arranging a Referral
If you are a veterinary professional and would like to discuss a case with one of our team, or require pre-referral advice about a patient, please call 01883 741449. Alternatively, to refer a case, please use the online referral form